Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Grocery Saving Tips

Small local markets have great deals.

I am all about saving money on groceries. Before I go shopping I always check the weekly flyers from the two major chains in my area, and I also check the ads for a small Italian Market in the area. I have found that often I get the most for my money from the small Italian Market. For example today I purchased 5-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, 4 large slabs of pork baby back ribs, 2 whole pineapples (already cored), 2 dozen jumbo eggs, 1 whole watermelon, 2 huge bunches of broccoli some red peppers, squash, zucchini and onions - total bill 52.00!! I can easily make 2 weeks worth of dinners for 2 from what I bought.

So check around your area, often the "little" store is a better bargain. Have a favorite store or shopping tip, please share.

No comments:

Post a Comment